|Company Name||Tru Talent|
|Company Contact Information||Address: Austin House, 43 Poole Road, Bournemouth, BH4 9DN
Tel: 01202 237129
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) of May 2018, we must comply with certain regulations, which are designed, to ensure we process any information you provide in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force.
The Company is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work seekers. The Company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as an online job board.
We may collect personal information about candidates from other sources including:
- Credit reference agencies, from which we may collect information in relation to your credit history.
- Disclosure and Barring Service in respect of criminal convictions.
- Your named referees, from whom we collect information in relation to your employment history
In connection with your application for work, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae and covering letter.
- The information you have provided on an application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications.
- Any information you provide to us during an interview.
We may also collect, store and use the following types of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences.
The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
Collection and use of personal data
When providing Tru Talent with your personal data, whether sensitive or otherwise, you consent to us processing this data. Any CV sent to us via our website is done so securely and we will store your details on our internal database, using the information ONLY to assist in finding work on your behalf.
The security of your data is extremely important to us and information provided to us will be stored in a secure database accessible only by Tru Talent and its employees.
Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services are set out below:
The below information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as an employment business / agency to find you suitable work whether on a temporary or permanent basis on your requirements.
Where the Company has relied upon a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests are as follows:
- To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you.
- To carry our background and reference checks.
- To put your details forward to our clients and prospective employers to be considered for vacancies.
- To place you with our clients and prospective employers.
- To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise.
- To keep you informed of the services offered by us.
- To maintain adequate records of activity within our business.
For safety and security reasons we retain minimum data regarding people who use rude, aggressive or threatening behaviour or language. We retain details of name, address, date of birth and national insurance number for identification together with the date and details of the behaviour giving cause for concern. This information is retained for up to five years.
Where the Company has relied on a legal obligation to process your personal data our legal obligations are as follows:
- To establish that you have the right to work.
- To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and prospective employers and as permitted by law.
- To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions.
- To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured.
- To pay you if placed.
Automated Decision Making
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Where the Company is processing your personal data based on your consent rather than any other legitimate interest, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal data.
Recipients of Data
The Company may process your personal data with the following recipients:
Pension service, HMRC, statutory Government departments, Clients and other companies which may from time to time be nominated by yourself.
Your personal data is required by law or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data means we will not be able to represent you for work finding services and may result in incorrect pay, pension and tax deductions which may not be recoverable.
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pension’s auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where the Company has obtained your data through consent via a direct application or a publicly enabled expression of interest via a job board for example, the data we will hold is:
- Your name and date of birth.
- Contact details including your address, phone number and email address.
- Work history and information regarding education and training certificates.
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary.
Personal data held in respect of individuals that have worked for us previously or may work for us is as follows:
- Driving license, passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate and adoption certificate.
- Permits and visas
- DVLA check
- National Insurance number
- Full details of assignments, job offers, placements and performance
- DBS checks for certain roles
- Medical and criminal information provided by yourself
- Bank account details and payment history
- Telephone, email and written communication we have had with you
Upon expiry of that period the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal data / sensitive personal data.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Tru Talent on 01202 237129 or emailing email@example.com.
Data Subject Access Requests (DSAR): Just so it’s clear, you have the right to ask us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time, and you may ask us to modify, update or Delete such information. At this point we may comply with your request or, additionally do one of the following:
- We may ask you to verify your identity, or ask for more information about your request; and
- Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may decline your request, but we will explain why if we do so.
Tru Talent has used all reasonable care in writing, editing and presenting the information on our website and ensuring the information supplied is accurate and not misleading. Information on this website can be changed without notice. Tru Talent assumes no responsibility for external information links contained in this site and disclaims all liability arising from negligence or otherwise in respect of such information.
Whilst vacancies posted on this website are regularly updated we make no representation as to the availability of any vacancy at any time. Tru Talent guarantees that all vacancies have been recently assigned to Tru Talent but cannot guarantee any interview or any intention to hire any candidate.
The decision regarding the suitability of any applicant for any particular vacancy is entirely at the discretion of Tru Talent and there is no obligation to explain any such decision except where required to do so by law.
Any policy changes either through legislation or business cause will be posted on this page and, if necessary via other areas of our website.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We use Google Analytics to provide basic information about general trends in our website’s usage, page view statistics and search engine optimisation.
Our database and associated software includes social media features, such as LinkedIn. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our database. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about Tru Talent’s online privacy commitment, please feel free to contact us on 01202 237129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tru Talent is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.
Complaints or Queries
The Company tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. We take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact Tru Talent on 01202 237129 or email email@example.com.
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.