Start Date – Aiming for end of May but TBC
Hourly Rate – £8.91ph
Hours– Shift patterns including early mornings, afternoons and weekend shifts
Location – Christchurch
Tru Talent are delighted to be working with one of the leading UK based Airports who are looking for an Ambassador/first point of call to help in the Arrivals department throughout the summer season. This can lead to a Permanent position.
To provide all necessary help and support to passengers as required by our customer airlines which may include check in, baggage processing, reservations and ticketing, boarding of flights, air-bridge operation, greeting arriving passengers, handling of VIPs, provide special passenger assistance, handle customer complaints and other duties as assigned.
Your duties will include:
- Assist passengers as needed through arrival and check in processes including support for passengers with special requirements such as unaccompanied minors (UM), VIP passengers and passengers needing wheelchair assistance
- Direct passengers through Customs, Immigration, and quarantine as required
- Make public address announcements as required
- Assist colleagues in other areas of the airport to ensure that wheelchairs, strollers and bags etc remain with the passengers upon arrival
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with BIA Handling Ltd Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Operate computers and specialist equipment such as air-bridge, scanners and airline specific software
- Produce work-related documentation when required
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security always
- Aircraft Cleaning
- Other duties as assigned
- The list is not exhaustive and is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly define a starting point and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Skills and experience needed for the role:
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able and willing to type and learn airline specific computer systems
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather if required
- Passionate about customer service
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
A DBS, Security check and 5 year working history references will be undertaken and will be required prior to you commencing work and the offer of employment will be subject to receiving this on time.
If you would like to apply please submit your CV, all applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Thank you in advance for your application.