Quality Control Technician
Temp to perm
Hourly rate – £11.06ph
Monday to Friday (8.00am-4.30pm) 37.5 hours per week
Do you have a Science qualification or have you worked in a scientific lab?
Tru Talent are pleased to be working with a well-established materials company, serving customers in a wide range of consumer and industrial markets.
Our client is looking for a Quality Control Technician to join their team on a temporary basis, with the view for the successful candidate to become a permanent member of their team.
- A level (NVQ Level 3) Science based qualification desirable
- Preferably previous experience of working in a scientific laboratory environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications – in particular Word & Excel at basic/intermediate level
- Perform all normal QC tests for Poole production – including capsule size, sieve testing, viscosity, pH, solids content, free oil, overall quality assessment.
- To carry out required calibration checks as required and instructed by QA manager or at request of Production manager according to procedures and ISO requirements.
- To carry out physical quality appearance testing on individual product containers as required and requested by production staff in a timely manner to minimize production waiting time.
- QC checking and any required special testing of incoming raw materials, maintaining filing of supplier CoA’s, providing raw material labels.
- Carry out in process QC testing as required to permit production processing to progress.
- Assist in QC method development as required with guidance given by QA manager.
- Assist QA manager with work including auditing, procedure editing and control, special projects.
- Assist with iLIMS setup and maintenance tasks.
- Approve R&D samples when required.
- Sample preparation and dispatch when required.
- Laboratory scale processing when required for raw material and process adjustment evaluation.
- Team-work within Quality and Production environments
What we need from you:
- Capable of following procedures and instructions – interacting with other Poole plant personnel regularly
- Computer System skills – MS Office type application use.
- Using SAP & iLIMS after training.
If this role looks like the right challenge for you then please submit your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively call 01202 237129 and speak to Aimee for a chat.